Guarantee Terms & Conditions
Purchaser: means the person or persons who buys the goods from the Seller.
Seller: means the person or persons who provide the goods described in this document to the purchaser.
1. All terms of the contract between the Purchaser and the Seller are contained in this document. No guarantee, representation or warranty is made or given by the Seller save as appears herein and no agent or employee of the Seller has authority to make any guarantee, representation or warranties. No variation of or addition to the work specified in the schedule attached shall have effect unless agreed in writing by the Seller.
2. If during the course of the work problems of a structural nature become apparent (and which could not have been foreseen by the Seller) then the Seller shall have the right to call in a suitable qualified structural surveyor to advise on the problem and report in writing at the Purchasers expense with the recommendations to be implemented by the Purchaser and at the Purchasers expense as soon as practical to enable the Seller to proceed safely with its works.
3. The Purchaser shall grant the Sellers employees access to the premises at all reasonable times.
4. All the works fitted by the Seller will be manufactured and fitted substantially in accordance with the schedule attached, but the Seller reserves the right to make such modifications as it may consider necessary.
5. The Seller undertakes to use their best endeavours to adhere to any delivery period quoted to the purchaser but time shall not be of the essence of the contract and the Seller shall not be liable in any respect for any delay in installation caused by reasons beyond the Sellers control nor for any consequential loss resulting there from.
6. The Seller has the right to change fitting dates where the Seller sees necessary to complete work that may have taken longer than initially estimated.
7. Glass used in the works is of the best reasonably obtained quality but may have minor imperfections and the Seller shall not be obliged to replace any such glass as are not covered by warranty of the glass manufacturer. The standards of blemish acceptability as laid down by the Glass and Glazing Federation shall be used in the event of a dispute.
8. The risk in the goods sold shall pass to the Purchaser on delivery.
a. The Purchaser shall keep the goods fully insured against all risks throughout the period between the risk therein passing to the Purchaser and the property therein ceasing to remain with the Seller.
b. The Sellers double glazed units are designed primarily to reduce heat loss which occurs through single glazing. The fitting of double glazing units will not itself eliminate condensation in the premises and no guarantee, representation or warranty is given that the condensation will be eliminated or reduced. Neither has any representative of the Seller the authority to give any such guarantee, representation or warranty.
c. Notwithstanding delivery of the goods (or of any documents representing the goods) the title of the goods shall remain with the Seller until the Purchaser has paid the Seller in full, in cash or cleared funds.
d. Until property of the goods passes to the Purchaser in the accordance with 8a, above without any prejudice to the Sellers other right.
e. The Seller may maintain an action for the price of goods.
9. The Seller undertakes to repair free of charge any defective unit supplied by the Seller provided that the defect is notified in writing to the Seller within a period of five years from the date of installation and provided also that installation has been maintained in accordance with the Sellers recommendations. Fair wear and tear is not covered by the Sellers guarantee.
10. The Purchasers order of a Double Glazed unit or units is being specifically made to measure and ordered to the Purchasers specification. Therefore under the Consumer Contracts (Information, Cancellation & Additional Charges) Regulations there is no cancellation policy required as the units are specifically being made to the Purchasers requirements and all manufacturing is bespoke at time of order. Cloud 9 Windows will however offer a 7 day cancellation policy where the order can be cancelled but the Purchaser must cover the cost of the goods ordered and any additional labour charges that might have been incurred. For convenience, cancellations can be sent to ‘email@example.com’ or via post to 45, Dragon Avenue, Harrogate, HG1 5DS.
11. Any orders over £500.00 will be subject to a 25% non-refundable deposit.
12. Full payment is due on completion of the work.
13. Any levies and taxes imposed by the Government prior to installation will be added to the final invoice.
Need More Information?
Check Out our FAQ Page or use the Enquiry Form Down below